Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

The weekend started off on Friday night with me at 2 photo sessions. Jon and the boys had supper and played at home while I was gone. When I got home we snuggled on the couch and headed up for bed. I was sooo tired from a week of getting up early and working out at 4:20, which I've started doing again since I need my lunch hour to work on pictures, and staying up late that I just couldn't stay up past 9:30 or work on any pictures! So Jon and I caught up on some of our shows from the week while relaxing in bed. I think we both fell asleep before we got through one show!

Jon woke up at 3:30 to get ready to head to Iowa City for the game. The boys and I slept until 6:45 and then got up and got ready for the day. My mom picked us up and we headed downtown to the Farmer's Market, in the rain. Not fun, but we got the things we needed and had breakfast, the boys loved the egg rolls! We headed to the craft show and did a little shopping there, we were both excited for the first craft show of the year. This was the first time I've taken the boys to a craft show and they were very good. I think they liked looking at all the people.

After the craft show we headed out to Jordan Creek for more shopping. I bought the boys an entire fall/winter line of clothes it seemed like! Got some great deals at Baby Gap, a place I rarely shop since it's so expensive let alone when shopping for two and a cute outfit for them to wear to a wedding we have coming up. Now to find some black shoes and tennis shoes for them and I think they'll be set! We stopped at a few more places omitting naps but they were troopers and didn't even try and rest in the car. We got home at 5:30 (left the house at 7:30), had breakfast for supper, my favorite and then I got the boys ready for bed.

Jon got a free ticket to the Iowa State game so he went straight from Iowa City to Ames to tailgate and watch the game with Andy, Bryce and Meggie. I worked down in the basement until 10 on cleaning and organizing and getting all my studio lights put together and then I put up all our Halloween/Fall decorations. I love how the house looks and smells right now!! I crawled into bed at midnight and for the second night in a row didn't work on any pictures...but I had other stuff I needed to catch up on!

Sunday brought my day to sleep in and then two photo sessions in the morning. I got home at 10:30 and Jon headed out to run errands. He mowed and aerated the yard and got me some flooring from Menards to use as props. While the boys were sleeping I squeezed in a photo session of a baby boy at our house. Ben and Brynna stopped by to say hi while Kyli worked in her classroom. Jon headed over to Ben's so he could aerate his yard and then took the trailer and mower back to my parents house. Since he wasn't home by 4:45 I took the boys to my last two photo sessions of the day. It's a good thing I was taking pictures for my friend Kari and her family and she didn't mind my boys being there because they cried the entire 40 minutes I was shooting! Jon came to save the day and I was able to finish my last session with Bryce and Meggie in peace. We picked up pizza for supper and got the boys to bed at 7:45 and we went to be shortly after.

Lots of projects and things around the house didn't get done this weekend but that happens sometimes and I know Jon had a great time at both games on Saturday and I needed a day out of the house with my mom and the boys to do some shopping.

Hope everyone had a great weekend as well! We're already looking forward to the next one!

1 comment:

Kendra Dawn said...

I don't know how you do all you do..............