Friday, October 29, 2010

Fatherhood Friday's

As many of you know I am the cook around our house. I don’t really get this because Jen's grandma is a great cook as is her mother but I don’t know what happened to Jen. Maybe she just doesn’t want to cook or maybe she really doesn’t know how to cook but the good thing is that I like to cook and my mom is a great cook so I've learned a lot from her. I am always up for new recipes or finding new ways to cook the things we like. With Jen doing her pictures we are kind of stuck in a rut with what we are eating. It seems like we are having the same things each week (fajitas, stir fry, spaghetti, tacos and pork chops). With the cold weather coming I am always looking for more stuff to do, and for more stuff to cook in the crock pot so that it is ready for us when we get home. If any of you people reading this (I don’t really know if anyone reads this) has any good recipes let us know since we are always willing to try new stuff.
We hope that everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

Love Jon/DADA

6 comments:

Lori said...

Have I got a website for you! http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
I have tried many dishes from this site and they are good. If they are flops she will tell you. Also I get some good recipes from sparkpeople.com.

Andy and Mindy said...

We have the same problem! I'm so glad Lori posted that blogsite...already added it to my blog list so I can get all the recipes!

The Bormann Family said...

Buy some Hormel Always Tender pork loins, you can put them in the crock pot in the morning and they are great! They come in flavors as well!

Super easy and tastes great too.

Anonymous said...

Kraft Food and Family ALWAYS has great receipes that are really easy to make. www.kraftfoods.com/foodandfamily

Our Crazy Filled Life said...

I've also been following the crockpotting for a year website and have found many good recipes on there as well!

Pietigs said...

This is one of my favorites - delicious and super easy!
Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 (1-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 ½ c. water
1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (15-oz.) cans chili beans, drained
6 c. tortilla chips
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
-Cook beef and onion over medium heat.
Place beef mixture in slow cooker with taco seasoning,
ranch dressing mix, water, tomato sauce, corn, and beans.
Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
To serve, put a handful of corn chips in each bowl
and top with soup and cheese.