Thursday, October 28, 2010

Minivan??

If you know me at all, you know that I've ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS said that I will NEVER own a minivan EVER no ifs, ands, or buts about it, NEVER! I don't care how much a big Suburban is or that it won't fit in our garage or that I'll have to work forever to make payments on it. I will NEVER NEVER in my lifetime own a minivan, a soccer mom vehicle, grocery-getter, whatever you want to call it!

Well, the time has come....I think our next vehicle will be a minivan, a Toyota Sienna to be exact! We're going to Toyota tonight to test drive and look at one because I've never set foot in one or even cared to hear how amazing they are! That always went in one ear and out the other! But...if I'm serious about wanting to try and stay home, like you all say I should, and do this photography thing and be happy with my work. Then we really need to put ourselves in a place to make that happen. So since the lease is up on our Toyota Highlander at the end of the year now is the time to make the move to something more affordable and kid and mommy friendly.

You say we should just keep our Highlander it has a 3rd row and seats 8....well you're right it does. But with the 3rd row up you can't get anything in the trunk area so a lot of good that does if I can't get a stroller or groceries in the back. Plus, it is so high off the ground that the boys can't even crawl in on their own and think if I have my hands full how nice it would be for them to be able to climb in and crawl up to their seats on their own.

So tonight will be the test, I'm still not sold on the idea and neither is Jon but a $30,000 vehicle versus a $50,000 or $60,000 vehicle is a HUGE difference and it looking more and more promising! Plus the 2011 are very sharp looking and we're loving the black color, so we'll see!

{A picture of the 2011 Toyota Sienna}


2 comments:

Our Crazy Filled Life said...

You should look at the Ford Flex, it's still not huge like a Suburban but has the third row seat and you can actually still fit your loot in the back. I'm pretty sure that's what our next vehicle is going to be. I test drove one a few months ago and loved it! I, like you, detest minivans and refuse to get one!!! My friend Angie keeps telling me I should get one but I just can't stand them!!! That's just my $.02! :)

Missy... said...

Go for it! I LOVE our minivan and it just seems soooo practical right now for our stage of life. Just make sure you get the automatic doors...it's my absolute favorite feature!! :)