Monday, November 29, 2010

Guess what....


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


Oh yes....you read that right (oh and Joel had the same secret but you get the point!)







I am about 14 weeks and my due date is June 2, 2011 but full-term for twins is 36 weeks (I carried the boys to 37 weeks 5 days before being induced) so that puts these babies here beginning to middle of May! I've been feeling wonderfully (which is TOTALLY different from my pregnancy with the boys it's like I don't even know I'm pregnant with twins! But that's a different post for another day!)

We are SOOOOO excited....Jon and I both secretly wanted twins again but NEVER thought it would happen as the chances are slim to none, about 1 in 70,000 (if these babies are identical) and 1 in 10,000 (if these babies are fraternal) to be exact! So about like be struck by lightening especially since Jackson and Joel are identical which means they happened by chance. So we're thrilled to be having our second set of spontaneous twins! My doctor said he hasn't seen 2 sets of spontaneous twins since the early 80's! Guess that makes us pretty lucky and REALLY BLESSED!

So what this means is lots of belly updates, updates on the new babies, lots of ultrasound pictures as I usually have one each visit, and updates on how we're going to go from a family of 4 to a family of 6 with 4 kids 2 and under financially, emotionally and functionally of course in addition to updates and pictures of Jackson and Joel and other happenings in our lives.

So stay tuned!

8 comments:

Our Crazy Filled Life said...

Congrats!!!!!! I thought it was kind of funny when I asked you guys Friday about when you'd be ready for more kids and you didn't say much. I thought something was up. And I can't believe your having another set of twins! That's amazing!

Katrin said...

Congrats guys! I am so happy for you! 2 sets of muliples...awesome! <3

Lori said...

So exciting! Congratulations to everyone! Very happy for you and your family.

Kelsey said...

Congrats!

Janel said...

AHHH!!! HOW EXCITING! I seriously have goosebumps right now! I can't wait to find out the gender!!! Will you guys find out beforehand? :) What a beautiful Christmas blessing! I cannot believe the chances of this happening! So crazy!

Kyley said...

Congratulations! What an awesome blessing to get twice!! I'm sure those cuties will love being big brothers!

Aaron & Sarah said...

Congrats! What a wonderful gift!

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

wowza!! that is big news! congrats! hugs, Cathy