Thursday, February 3, 2011

Girls' closet redo

Shame on me I didn't get a before picture...just imagine this teeny tiny closet with NOTHING in it, one shelf at medium height and that's it! Not really ideal for a closet for two people let alone girls who have TONS of accessories! This was one of Jon's projects over the weekend and it turned out just the way I had imagined. He added 2 more shelves (adjusted the height of the one that was in there) to give lots of hanging space and yet allow room for the 3 drawer plastic storage container at the bottom. While I was out doing lots of shopping on Friday one of my tasks was buying all the storage for the closet...I did happen to pick up about 5 outfits a piece for the girls and a few other girly things!

{Newborn and preemie will go at the bottom shelf then 0-3 months in the middle and 3-6 months at the top. Then misc. stuff in the little tubs on the shelves and then in the 3 drawer will be extra bedding, onesis, gowns (sleep sacks) and whatever else we come up with.}
On the door hangs a shoe organizer that will be home to many hair bows/bands, tights, hats, booties and shoes.
I think we did a great job with the closet considering it is so narrow and really deep. Can't wait to continue to fill it!

5 comments:

Missy... said...

Looks great! Way to get creative with your space!!

We have those clear hanging shoe organizers in just about every.single closet....in fact, I was just going to do a blog post on them! :)

dawn said...

We do too! I think I might be approaching 10 of the shoe organizers and none have shoes in them :) They work perfectly!


The closet looks great...look at all that pink :)

Anonymous said...

You are so darn organized. You remind me of me!!

Carla said...

It's Carla. I didn't check anonymous!!

Our Crazy Filled Life said...

I'm jealous that you get to buy cute girly things! But you definitely did an awesome job on the closet!