Thursday, March 17, 2011

Belly & Pregnancy Update

So it's been awhile since I've done a belly update so here are those pictures!
You can totally tell that it was WAAAYY nicer outside when I was pregnant with the boys as my "hump" totally got sun burnt. I wish I could get a nice tan this time around but afraid that won't happen by May!
So I'm 28 weeks now, will be 29 weeks on Sunday. At my appointment last week I did my glucose test. I passed with flying colors. They like it to be 139 or under and mine was at 91. And I LOVE the fruit punch juice drink, it tastes like Kool-Aid, not bad at all. The girl beside me, clearly her first pregnancy, asked for the orange flavor and after her first drink she gagged! I smiled and said, "should've asked for fruit punch!" My hemoglobin was also great too, I think 12 if that means anything to you nurses out there. All I know is she said my scores (or whatever they are called) were the exact same as the very first time I was in about just 6 weeks pregnant, pretty uncommon for twins as a lot of times your iron count can be really low as you have 2 babies stealing everything from you. So good news there and I go back next Tuesday for an ultrasound and appointment.

Other pregnancy news...I got one of these....and oh yes it is THAT ridiculous and looks just hideous! It is a 3 piece contraption, one part goes under the tummy, the other behind your back and the other over top to pull the tummy up. It really does feel GREAT though when I wear it. I was having some LOW LOW back pain (not shooting down my leg pain) but enough that I complained and my doctor said get one of these. Honestly, I don't know how I got along without it for so long and when I was pregnant with the boys! I only wear it when I'm up moving a lot or standing and when I take it off I immediately feel like they are falling down/out.

Clothes....I'm being really stubborn with my clothes still. Even though I'm 28 weeks I'm measuring (the fundal height measurement) at 32 weeks so 4 weeks ahead which is normal since 36 weeks (4 weeks early) is full-term for twins. Ok so my point about clothes...my shirts are getting REALLY short, I really need some that are longer but HATE the normal maternity shirt with the frumpy look and stupid tie in the back or gathered sides. Why can't they just make a normal shirt just longer with no indication that it is maternity...at an affordable price! So long story short, I'm still wearing my normal shirts and they are truly getting a little short luckily I have some coming from some friends later this week. My shirts from my last pregnancy are very summery and are huge on me. Pants...I'm wearing mostly maternity pants. I do wear my normal jeans with my Bella Band. And sometimes if you stop by the house you'll catch me with my maternity support OVER the outside of my t-shirt and in sweatpants of course!

Sleep...I've still been sleeping great, no complaints my body pillow works wonders to "hold my hump" as I sleep on my side. I almost told a girl in Target that she didn't have to spend the ridiculous $50 on the maternity Snoogle Body Pillow thing and should just buy a $10 body pillow...but her money not mine!

Other stuff...I'm REALLY suppose to watch my activity level, "no extended walking (so no walks period) when I get home from work it's time to put my feet up and let someone else take care of the kids" (those were my exact doctor's words last time) and Jon is FABULOUS! He knows how important it is for me to keep these babies a cookin' for as long as possible so he does all the cleaning, gets up with the boys to take them potty in the night EVERY NIGHT, runs up and down the stairs a million times as we're putting them to bed, and does all the cooking (something I've never done anyways) and I pretty much come home and sit down and play a game with the boys or watch them play. But that's my job right now to cook babies but I also have a job to be a mama to my little boys and it is hard to let other people do things for me when the boys want their mama.

Cravings....I could eat and sometimes I do eat a Subway sandwich (turkey and ham footlong toasted of course, with lettuce and black olives and mayo) at least 4 times a week! Crazy I know but that is the one thing I really crave! Other than that I don't really crave anything and just eat my normal diet. I've gained about 22lbs. so far so I'm on track to be probably a little over 30 when it's all said and done which is a little more than with the boys, but I also have an extra placenta this time around too!

So that's it for an update this time around sorry it was sooo long I haven't updated for a few weeks and thought I would give you a good idea of how things are with me and the baby girls!

2 comments:

dawn said...

I'm so excited for you! Your girls will be here so soon :)

You look fabulous...hope you keep feeling well!

I'm feeling like I need one of those belts too these days!

pregnant quiz said...

Wow great post nice to see the twins,how was your days that to with twins hope you are doing well congratulations.