Thursday, April 14, 2011

Girls' Room Reveal!

So I've showed off the boys' room and our master bedroom and now for the girls' room!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this room, I walk in it at least once EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!! I have to tell you going from 2 boys and ALL boy stuff to soon we'll have 2 daughters I am MORE than excited and sooooo ready for some pink and purple in this house!! So of course the room is going to be as pink and as girly as I can make it!!

So the before....

This was our guest room nothing fancy a full bed and nicely decorated for our guests which we rarely had since our families live so close. And now it looks like this!!


{I know you'd think my cat LOVES to be in pictures...really she just loves to lay on the changing table}

(3) 8x10 picture frames that hold a 5x7 are above each crib. I'll put their newborn pictures in there and then on the side of the window are the leftover frames we had in the boys' room that are 11x14. Also, above or below the (3) 8x10 frames I'm going to have an Uppercase Living type wall decal of their name (once we decide, if we ever decide on their names)! This is the bedding I picked out when we were having our first set of twins. We picked out a boy set and girl set and this was the girl set I LOVED! Of course, 2 years later it is discontinued and the only place I could find it was in a 10 piece set! I know, who needs 10 bedding pieces!! I love having a bumper (I know you're not supposed to use them but frankly without them pacis fall through on the floor and the kids, our boys, hit their heads constantly on the rails AND by the time they start rolling they can get away from them anyways if they get close to them...just my opinion) so it came with the bumper, quilt which I love, bed skirt, valance, diaper stacker (which we don't really use might put blankets in them one is hanging on the side of the changing table and the other on the closet door), 2 sets of sheets (1 set I made the drapes out of) and 3 rolls of border. Take all that time 2! But it was a great deal and like I said I HAD to have this bedding! Since the bedding is cherry blossoms and butterflies/dragonflies I had this vision of a tree coming out of the wall so I found one on Etsy and my mom and I put that together. I love it! The coat tree, we had in the boys room was painted navy. Jon painted this one white/carnation which is the actual color that is on the top of the wall. The border, I wasn't thrilled about using the though of border is so old-fashioned but it was either use that or put up chair rail and I really like the look of the border it ties the room altogether. As you can see...we put some of the leftover border on the ceiling fan (my mom's idea). It was a great finishing touch! Here is a close up of the mobile with a red cherry blossom and butterfly/dragonfly. Oh isn't this little night light just to die for!! Found it on clearance at Target and I couldn't pass it up!! Love how girly it is!! The lamp....this was a plain white lamp shade and my mom and I put ribbon down each side and then lined the top and bottom with a little frill to tie in with the night light another feminine touch to the room! A close up of the changing table. The cribs, changing table and dresser are all the pieces that we had used for the boys. Same with these storage bins, they were painted navy and I painted them the same pink as the wall which is an exact match to the bedding and Jon made these decals to put on the front of the bins. A look at the opposite wall, that door is the closet. I got these cubes (2 sets of 3) at Target on clearance I wasn't sure if I would use them or the shelves we used in the boys' room but didn't like the look of the shelves. I thought the cubes would be cute with little picture frames, the letter "J" (which of course will be the first initial of the girls' first and middle name as the rest of us are all JJW) and then little jewelry boxes or something cute and girly to put on/in the cubes as we accumulate stuff. Here is a close up of the cherry blossom tree branch coming out of the wall...A close up of the crib... The ceiling fan.... And the valance with the drapes I made! So this is the room our little princesses will be sleeping in when they are born! Like I said it is VERY girly which is what we wanted and very pink! A huge thank you to my mom and hubby for all the painting work!

5 comments:

Katrin said...

I l.o.v.e. it! It looks perfect! That shade of pink looks awesome! Great job done!!!!! :)

Missy... said...

FANTASTIC!! Great work. Those sweet little girls are going to love it!

Kelsey Lynn said...

Very fun! I found this tutorial and thought of you.
http://madebyheidi.blogspot.com/2011/04/tissue-paper-blossom-tutorial.html

Janel said...

Jen, it's beautiful!!!! My favorite piece is the valance/drapes!!!!

Kyli and Ben said...

Great idea on the fan! Can't wait to see it in person! Ben said is was super cute!