Monday, April 4, 2011

Waterpark fun

On Thursday we headed to the Ramada Inn in Des Moines for a fun overnight stay with the boys...something we've been wanting to do for awhile. They were super excited to wear their swimming trunks!

{Joel}We got there at check-in time and enjoyed the pool for a couple hours and then ordered pizza for supper and then headed back to the pool!

{Jackson & Joel} The boys were a little timid at first but quickly got use to going down the slides "all by myself mama"!

{Joel} I got my maternity swim suit out and looked like a giant whale sitting in the water playing with the boys....but...we had a great time and I'm glad I was able to do something fun with them before the girls get here. On Friday morning we ventured down the BIG slides! The boys thought that was the coolest thing ever...as you can tell by their faces! {Joel & Daddy} {Jackson & Daddy}

The climb to the top was a little much for me to make the 50 times they wanted to go down but I did go about 5 times and it was a blast!!

{Mama & Joel}The other super fun thing...using daddy as a horsey in the pool. I tried to be the other horse as requested by Jackson but my tummy kept dragging on the bottom :)

{Joel & Daddy} So instead daddy was the lone horsey but they loved floating around the "sea" as they called it



I was surprised but the most requested place for them to be was in the 3-4 feet deep pool. They wanted to "kick my feet mama" and blow lots of bubbles and jump in off the side to us. I see lots of fun ahead this summer at nana and papa's pool!

{Joel wearing my flip flops}
The whole waterpark was pirate themed and they weren't too excited with this ship as it had lots of spraying water everywhere and they didn't like that on their faces.
{Jackson & Joel}
We had a great time with the boys and are really glad we could do something fun with just them before the girls arrive and all our lives are turned upside down again for the better of course, but they don't know that yet!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We are having our wedding reception here! I'm hopin gour guests take advantage of the waterpark and stay all weekend :)