Thursday, April 28, 2011

What I've been up to...

So I've been on bed rest for 3 weeks as of yesterday and I've had lots of people ask me what I've been doing and if I'm bored, etc. here is what I've been doing!


1. Making LOTS and LOTS of hair flower clips, hair puffs, hair bows (with the help of my friend Lisa) - I made these and am super excited about them I will show you soon!

2. Typed up my addresses to print on labels and then put in my planner

3. Typed up all my recipes to print on 4x6 postcards so all the cards are the same size in my recipe box (I know, I'm crazy organized/anal about that kind of stuff)

4. Got enough picture frames to put up in the hallway for the girls (we have an 8x10 of each baby, 5x7 and family shot that we do/did every 2 months so our hallway is full) - and all are spray painted brown to match the ones of the boys, now just to reconfigure it

5. Edited 150 wedding pictures for a bride that didn't like her photos that her photographer took (took me 3 full days minus potty and eating breaks)

6. Washed and ironed all the girls' clothes up to 0-3 months (preemie, newborn, 0-3) that took a like 2 days with all the breaks I had to take!

7. Collected recipes for the big cooking day and for my mother-in-law to make soooo excited to have a huge deep freezer and small deep freezer full of food to cook.

8. Made headbands (lots of sewing) and sewed a bunch of stuff/clothes that we've been collecting around the house that needed repaired.

9. Made up lunch and breakfast food ideas for the boys and I to have when I'm home (or I should say when they are home full-time with me)

10. Made a list of crafts and got ideas printed off for the boys to do and collected supplies and made a "craft closet" to store everything in (I'll have to show you that soon too)

11. Bought all of our birthday/anniversary and other cards for the rest of the year. I have always bought 2-3 month of cards at a time that way I have them ready for when events come up

12. Going to the bathroom about every 30-40 minutes!

13. I've had a few visitors and enjoyed the company and time chatting

14. Figured out how we're going to get 4 carseats in the van (oh if you didn't know we got a van back in November a 2011 Toyota Sienna and love it) and how we're going to get the girls into the van (they will be in the 3rd row) and we'll put them in through the trunk!

15. Been looking for a nanny/mother's helper who can come over like 2-3 hours a couple days a week (WHO I CAN PAY HOURLY), especially when I have to take the boys to preschool 2 days a week. Can't leave 2 babies in the car when I take the boys in so I need some help there. Anyone have anyone they can recommend or sites to check out in the Ankeny area who could help??

16. Made a list of the plants we need for our garden and what I need for my flower pots so we can get those soon

17. I'm a list maker, so I have spent a lot of time making lists for everything from Jon's weekly/weekend to-do list, my list of what I want to accomplish each day, what I need for the girls and my hospital bag you get the idea, lots of list making and checking things off!

18. Scheduled the girls' baptism for when they are about 3 months old (seems far off but our church seems to book up fast)

19. Updated our Power of Attorneys, Living Wills and Health Care Power of Attorneys

20. We got a new computer so I've been playing with that and trying to figure out how to transfer all my photography software to the new computer

Things I have NOT been doing....

1. Napping...it may be a surprise but not one day that I've been home have I taken a nap. I'm not much of a napper, and didn't nap when the boys were born either (you know how everyone tells you to) I'm just not a good napper when I have other stuff to do. Now if Jon was home on bed rest...he'd probably nap everyday!

2. Showering everyday...I'm not doing anything but laying around and on the computer why shower everyday!

3. Going back upstairs after I come down in the morning, I get off the couch/love seat for a total of about an hour a day and I avoid the stairs and only go up at night before bed

4. Hardly any cleaning (the last week I've done none!) my hubby is the best!

5. This one makes me sad...not doing ANYTHING with the boys. They come to me on the couch, or in our bed in the morning for me to dress them but other than that, Jon does baths, they help him make supper, they play on the floor, in the basement, outside all without me. But I know my job is cooking these baby girls so I keep that thought on the front of my mind.


6. Sleeping in...I usually get up by 6:30 or 7, shortly after Jon and then boys leave. I don't want to get in the habit of sleeping until 8 or 9 because we all know that won't happen after the girls are born!


Sooo....that is what I've done so far in 3 weeks. I still have some things I want to do (my list changes everyday) so I'll keep plucking away at my "to-do list".

No comments: