Friday, May 13, 2011

Final Pregnancy Update!

So on Monday at 37 weeks and 3 days (that's based on my official June 3rd due date) I will become a mommy to 4! I'm having really mixed emotions all the sudden about ending my pregnancy. Sure, I'm excited to meet these baby girls, name them, love them, introduce them to our family and have the boys love on them but that just means that I will no longer be pregnant or be pregnant again. I'm sure you're thinking, who likes to be pregnant? I do! I love it and have had nothing but good luck with my pregnancies. Sure this time around I had some pre-term labor but no pre-term babies and that's the best part. I think it's safe to say I'm good at being pregnant and honestly I LOVE it. I love the big belly, the kicking of the babies inside and the fact that I tend to wear pregnancy well (meaning I carry straight out front, all baby and don't gain anywhere but in the tummy). I love pregnancy so much that I've thought about being a surrogate. My mom was the same way, she was going to be a surrogate until she had to have an emergency hysterectomy but she felt the same way about pregnancy that I do. I was sold on the idea of being a surrogate and I think Jon was coming around to the idea (at least I hope he was) until I was put on bedrest with this pregnancy. Knowing that my body has probably had it with carrying multiples I'd HATE to be pregnant carrying someone else's babies and be put on bedrest and leave my hubby to care for 4 babies at home. That would be unfair and I couldn't do that. So maybe someday I'll donate my eggs or something like that. If nothing else, it would pay for the tummy tuck I plan to get at some point to get rid of this "butt in the front" (you know the one that when you sit down the first thing you do is pull your pants up over it!) that sticks around even after losing all the baby weight plus some. But in all reality, I'd be helping some couple out there who can't have kids when I've been so very blessed. So as I finish up these last 2 days of pregnancy I'm really soaking it all in and reflecting on how lucky I've been with my two multiple pregnancies. I'm sure gonna miss this!


Here are my final pictures! Week 34, 35 and 36. I don't have a 37 week picture (that's what I am today) but I must not of taken one the last time around.

2 comments:

Missy... said...

YAY! Can't wait to hear the news on Monday! will be praying for you all!

I totally know what you mean about being sad that you'll never be pregnant again...I'm the SAME way. Hang in there, girl!

The Bormann Family said...

Enjoy your last weekend as a family of four!
Good luck on Monday, can't wait to hear the names.