Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Random Tidbits & Multiples Garage Sale Information

So last night the girls had the WORST night E.V.E.R since being born!! I fed them at 9 and they went to bed and at 11:30 Julianne was up, then Jocelyn at midnight and finally at 12:30 I decided to feed them both. Don't know what the deal was. Joel brought a cold home from preschool last Friday and has been snotty and Jewels is kinda congested and now Jossy is acting a little raspy so that's not good, the cold chain begins! So far Jon, Jackson and I are doing ok we'll see how the rest of the week turns out!

Last night I made up one of my photo shoots that got cancelled over the weekend. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed that both were cancelled on Sunday due to the rain, it was the first family day with no pictures we've had since the end of May!! We ran errands Sunday and had a nice day as a family, I was excited that it was rainy out because it made the snuggling on the couch all the better!

Tonight starts the multiples garage sale. My mom and I work set-up from 8-10 tonight and I'm also selling (I have (8) 32 gallon totes of preemie to 3T boys clothes and preemie to 3 month girl clothes) so I also have to set out all of my clothes/shoes/socks/bibs/etc. so Jon and my dad are coming to help with that and also bring the girls because I will have to feed them during my shift so either my dad or Jon will be working for me while I do that! Going to be a crazy night but I can't wait to get rid of MORE clothes! I sold TONS in the spring so hopefully I can sell even more!

I've had a few people ask about the sale. The Des Moines Mothers of Multiples puts the sale on and it is a HUGE fundraiser for us. It is open to the public Friday 8-Noon and 5-8 and then Saturday from 8-12. It is at the Zion Lutheran Church in Des Moines. This sale is NOT just for people that have multiples. There are over 80 families selling and they each can decide how to sell their stuff: in twos or priced out singly, which is what I do. I found that after my first sale in the spring the general public is mostly looking for singleton stuff. So although I have mostly 2 of everything it gets priced individually but if you're a twin mom you still have the option to snatch up both items if you want. So my only word of advice GET THERE EARLY! There is a huge line in the morning to shop on Friday and stuff goes fast! I shopped early from my friend Megan who has twin boy clothes and my friend Abbey who has twin girls clothes so when I shop Thursday night (as a member working two shifts) I'm not sure what I'm going to be after!

If you have any other questions about the garage sale email me mom2twinsx2@gmail.com I can see your comments but really no easy way to respond! If you have a boy or girl and are interested in shopping from me outside of the sale, you're more than welcome! Like I said I do that with some friends and have had people over last week to go through my stuff but still have tons and will have stuff leftover after Saturday so just let me know!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

No comments: