Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Allergic

So last Thursday I made pancakes for the boys for breakfast I was trying out this new Bisquick Shake and Pour containers, which I loved...didn't make a lot but was perfect for the boys and I .  Anyways...the girls were sitting on the counter next to me in their Bebe Pods and drooling over me standing their eating. So I had an extra pancake and gave them a few pieces...they LOVED it! A couple hours later after I got done nursing the girls I changed them and noticed Julianne had little welts ALL over her legs, butt, some on her tummy and wrists.  I called the pediatrician right away and made an apt. 2 hours later we were in the doctor office and they were drawing blood to do allergy tests for egg, milk, wheat and soy. I got the call from the pediatrician yesterday that Julianne is allergic to eggs.  They rank allergies on a scale from 1-5, 5 being the worst allergy and Jewels' is a 2.  So more than likely she will grow out of it by the time she is one but in the mean time we have to avoid anything with egg or egg product for her. I don't have to change my diet as she is getting a little bit from my milk but not enough to cause the reaction it is just when it was given directly to her.  I didn't even think when I gave her the pancake that it would cause a reaction or be worried about egg; it was soft and easy to eat and they are loving all finger foods right now that they can pick up on their own and eat and that was on my mind more than anything!  So we hope that by the time we go in for their one year apt. in May and they do another allergy screen that she will be egg allergy free! In the meantime, we have our Epipens on had at home and in the diaper bag in case we ever need it! 

No comments: