Thursday, January 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

I know it is Thursday and I'm just now recapping the weekend but better late than never!  We had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.  We all loved having Jon home for three days too!  On Friday night  Jon met some friends at the Elkhart bar to watch the Iowa game.  The kids and I hung out at home and after putting them to bed I watched "Water for Elephants", what a fantastic movie! I had intentions on watching the second one I rented but by 10:30 I was sooo tired!

Saturday morning I had a photo shoot and then we headed out to Jordan Creek.  The boys got Build-A-Bear gift cards from my brother, Kyli and the kids for Christmas so we did that, a little other shopping and then had an early supper at On the Border.  Then we headed downtown Des Moines to try the Imagine Eve event for New Year's Eve.  The kids LOVED it and had such a great time.  The long lines were a little much
but despite that we will be going back for sure!

{Jocelyn} 
 {Daddy and Jackson messing around while waiting in line}
 {Joel getting ready to run through a bounce house}
 {Joel}
 {Joel}
 {their favorite slide}
 {waiting to go down}
 {climbing to the top}

We came home and watched "Friends with Benefits"...another great movie and then headed to bed, well before midnight!! 

On Sunday we got up and had breakfast at our local Dahls...it is sooo yummy and the boys love it too. We then did our grocery shopping and headed home.  We rented another two movies and watched "Something Borrowed" while the kids napped.  That night we had a yummy supper and watched our 4th movie of the weekend, "Horrible Bosses".  I didn't make it all the way through that one but Jon liked it.  

Monday brought another relaxing day and after lunch we headed out to my parents to check out the progress on their remodel.  We didn't stay long as they were finishing up laying the new hardwood floors.  So we headed back home and I did some tagging for the March multiples garage sale and then we all got ready for bed.  What a great 3 day weekend!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has the date & time been set for the multiples sale? I always miss it!